We want to maintain a safe and enjoyable health and beauty marketplace for both buyers and sellers. If you’re a buyer, we ask that you review and understand our policies, including the BodyGeek User Agreement, before you bid on or buy an item.
Our policies are intended to:
- Follow local laws and regulations
- Minimize risks to buyers and sellers
- Make sure that no one has an unfair advantage
- Create an enjoyable buying experience
- Protect intellectual property rights
Guidelines for buyers:
The buying practices policy outlines the type of behavior that we don’t allow from buyers-such as making unreasonable demands of a seller.
Rules about buying and paying:
You can’t use BodyGeek if your account contains false contact information. Buyers and sellers sometimes need to be able to get in touch with each other, and we need to be able to contact our members.
Make sure that you read the item description before you buy.
Many of the problems buyers and sellers encounter are the result of simple misunderstandings about what is for sale and the terms of the sale. For example, some sellers only want to sell to bidders who live in a certain country, or who will pay using PayPal. Only buy an item if you can meet the requirements described in the listing.
You can’t offer to buy items outside of BodyGeek.
Our policies don’t cover items bought outside of our site. If you buy items outside of BodyGeek we don’t protect you against fraud. Sellers must follow the same rule so if a seller offers to sell you something outside of BodyGeek don’t accept the offer.
If you buy an item from a seller in another country, you can’t ask the seller to mark the item as a gift in the customs declaration. This is illegal, and against our policies.
Rules about Feedback:
You can’t abuse the Feedback system. This means you can’t threaten to leave a seller negative Feedback if that seller won’t do something that wasn’t promised in the original listing. This is called Feedback extortion and is against our policy.
Also, you can’t leave Feedback if you’re only doing it to help increase a seller’s Feedback score. This is a type of Feedback manipulation and is also not allowed.
If you’re having a problem with a seller be honest and have good intentions when you try to resolve a transaction problem.
Reporting policy violations
If you want to report a policy violation:
- If you want to report a member go to our “Contact Us” page and write us directly. We respond to all such contacts in a prompt fashion. Reports of policy violations must be specific and you must submit them with the intent of addressing a known or suspected violation of our policy.
- Report a listing only once. Multiple emails about the same listing slow down our investigation.
- When we receive your report we look at all the circumstances, including the member’s history, before we decide whether to take action. If we aren’t sure about something or can’t prove it with certainty, we may not take any action. In addition, we won’t discuss the results of an investigation.